On a hillside on the west side of the Brighton Road. There are two buildings here. On the higher ground is what is now the church hall built in 1929 and designed by S. Jupp. Below it is a church of 1954 designed By D.E. Nye and Partners. This is on the site of a church by N.F. Cachemaille-Day which was left incomplete at the outbreak of WW2 and largely demolished to enable this building to be constructed. A window and plaque commemorate two churches in Greenwich destroyed in the war and whose compensation sums paid for this building. The hall is shown in the last 2 images.
One of the earliest Modern Movement church buildings dating from 1932-1933. It looms, bulky and grey over the surrounding streets of two storey houses. The architects were Welch, Lander and Nugent Cachemaile-Day. Inside there are blue slit windows above the altar and brick and concrete fittings including the reredos, pulpit and font. There is also a small side chapel with dalle de verre glass.
A replacement for a bombed 19th-century church by N.F. Cachemaille-Day dating from 1959. It closed in 1975 and was taken on by the Church of the Lord in 1977.
On the edge of a square of 1960s housing, the church, which is one of N.F. Cachemaile-day’s last dating from 1963, replaced a church of 1875 destroyed in WW2, although the hall survived next door.
Like the nearby Roman Catholic church this building is high above the road. It was built in 1939 by N.F. Cachemaile_Day but was made redundant and from 1989 became a Hindu cultural centre. Since redundancy it has lost its east window.
On the eastern side of Hanworth Park. A church by N.F. Cachemaile_day. The Lady Chapel and baptistery date from 1951-52, the main body of the church and circular section were built in 1957.
In residential streets near Hounslow Station, some way from the town centre. This is a church of 1875-76 by Ewan Christian to which a large tower was added in 1935 by N.F. Cachemaile-Day.
A striking building of 1937-38 by N.F. Cachemaille-Day. The huge stained glass windows are by Christopher Webb. The west end has been divided off to provide meeting rooms etc.
Built 1938-41 reusing the pillars and windows from the demolished St Anselm, Davies Street in Mayfair. The architect was N.F.Cachemaille-Day.
Lying between the two streets above this is a church of 1958 by N.F.Cachemaille-Day replacing a church of 1829 destroyed in WW2.