Home » Cachemaile-Day, N.F. (Page 2)

Category Archives: Cachemaile-Day, N.F.

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Holy Trinity, Medway Drive, Perivale

The building facing the road dates from 1936 and is by N.F. Cachemaile-Day, it was originally dedicated to St Edward the Confessor. In 1998 a new church shared with the United Reformed Church was constructed to the rear.

   perivale_holy_trinity161014_6  perivale_holy_trinity161014_7
 perivale_holy_trinity161014_3  ???????????????????????????????
 ??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

St Mary, Brentmead Gardens, West Twyford

A large concrete church of 1958 by N.F. Cachemaille-Day attached to a tiny chapel of 1808 by William Atkinson. No interiors as the building was in use as a polling station on my visit.

  west_twyford_st_mary221014_35  west_twyford_st_mary221014_32
 ???????????????????????????????  twyford_st_mary220514_
 twyford_st_mary220514_1  west_twyford_st_mary221014_
 west_twyford_st_mary221014_2  ???????????????????????????????
 west_twyford_st_mary221014_12  west_twyford_st_mary221014_23
 west_twyford_st_mary221014_20  west_twyford_st_mary221014_17
 west_twyford_st_mary221014_13  west_twyford_st_mary221014_11
 west_twyford_st_mary221014_15  ???????????????????????????????

St Edmund the King, Pinner Road, Northwood Hills

A late church by N.F. Cachemaille-Day, dating from 1964, the lady chapel at right angles to the church is the chancel of a former hall church of 1935.

     northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_20 northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_22
 northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_15  northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_16
 northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_  northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_1
 northwood_hills_st_edmund30314_11

St Paul, Tiverton Road, Ruisip Gardens

Deep in suburbia a church of 1936 by N.F. Cachemaille-Day. The south aisle was added in 1952.

ruislip_gardens_st_paul130314_  ruislip_gardens_st_paul130314_1
 ruislip_gardens_st_paul130314_3  ruislip_gardens_st_paul130314_2
 ruislip_gardens_st_paul130314_6

St Paul, Stoke Newington Road, West Hackney

A WW2 replacement. It is by N.F. Cachemaille-Day and dates from 1960-62.

west_hackney_st_paull281113_2  west_hackney_st_paull281113_4
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_1  west_hackney_st_paull281113_19
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_5  west_hackney_st_paull281113_9
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_18 west_hackney_st_paull281113_14
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_17  west_hackney_st_paull281113_8
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_10  west_hackney_st_paull281113_11
 west_hackney_st_paull281113_21

St Thomas, Clapton Common

Built around 1774 by John Devall with an east tower added in 1829 by Joseph Gwilt. Severely damaged in WW2 the nave was rebuilt by N.F. Cachemaile-Day in 1960.

clapton_st_thomas281113_ clapton_st_thomas300916_39
 clapton_st_thomas300916_36   clapton_st_thomas300916_37
 clapton_st_thomas300916_35               clapton_st_thomas300916_13
 clapton_st_thomas300916_34  clapton_st_thomas300916_31
 clapton_st_thomas300916_6  clapton_st_thomas300916_10
 clapton_st_thomas300916_3  clapton_st_thomas300916_32
 clapton_st_thomas300916_9  clapton_st_thomas300916_21
 clapton_st_thomas300916_7  clapton_st_thomas300916_4
 clapton_st_thomas300916_30  clapton_st_thomas300916_29
 clapton_st_thomas281113_21  clapton_st_thomas300916_11

St Michael and All Angels, Lansdowne Drive, London Fields

A replacement for a nearby church destroyed in WW2. It is by N.F. Cachemaille-Day dating from 1959-60.

    london_fields_st_michael211113_ london_fields_st_michael211113_4
 london_fields_st_michael211113_3  london_fields_st_michael211113_1
 london_fields_st_michael211113_5

St John of Jerusalem, South Hackney

A large church of 1845-48 by E.C. Hakewill. For its date it is a remarkably well detailed church. The spire by N.F. Cachemaille-Day was added in after the orignal broach spire was destroyed in WW2.

          south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_34 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_1
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_5  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_32
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_31  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_29
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_19  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_18
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_9  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_7

St Peter and St Paul, Chingford

A large church at one end of the modern Chingford town centre. The nave is by Lewis Vulliamy and dates from 1844. The east end was added in 1903 by Sir Arthur Blomfield & Sons, with a south chapel of 1936 by N.F. Cachemaile-Day.

chingford_st_peter_and_st_paul120413_5

St Edmund, Larkswood Road, Chingford Mount

Designed by N.F. Cachemaile-Day and built 1938-39.

  chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_5 chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_3
 chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_2 chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_
 chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_1  chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_6
 chingford_mount_st_edmund120413_4