On a prominent street corner site at the eastern end of Thornton Heath’s main street. A large church by Bucknall and Comper, it was the first Comper church, although most of the design is by Bucknall. The nave dates from 1889 and the chancel from 1894.
Next to Battersea Park station. The church is by John Adams of 1879, the original church is now a Lady Chapel by C.A. Buckler 1868.
By C.A. Buckler 1875-83, but gutted in 1941 and rebuilt by John E. Sterret 1955-57 with much stained glass in the clerestory.
A vast church, the foundations were designed by Gilbert Blount but the body of the church was designed by Charles Alban Buckler 1874-83. The outer aisles are separately gabled and each is a side chapel representing one of the mysteries of the Rosary, just a selection of the glass, altar and decoration are shown.