“The Cathedral of the Arts and Crafts Movement”. Built 1888-90 by J.D. Sedding. WW2 bombing meant that the vault of 1959 by Michael Farey is plaster.The huge east window is by Morris & Co with figures designed by Burne Jones and backgrounds by Morris.
Up steep steps above some shops, this is a church of 1973 by Henry Cadbury Brown & Partners.
By Sir Arthur Blomfield & Sons in 1912 and linked with the modern St John nearby on Kings Eoad.
Built 1838 by Edward Blore with the west and east ends added by W.D. Caroe in 1900-1001
The medieval church was badly bombed in 1941 and restored in 1949-58 by Walter Godfrey. The brick built exterior dates from 1667-74, eastern parts are 13th and 14th century. The church is packed with monuments including one to St Thomas More
Hidden away south of Kings Road this is a church of 1895 by George Goldie.
Designed in 1858 by Joseph Peacock.
Originally by George Basevi in 1840, a north aisle by E.P.Loftus Brock (1875) and most of the east end (pictured) by Ernest Geldart in 1890.
By the leading RC architect John Francis Bentley 1877-78 but incorporating part of A.W.N. Pugin’s earlier church on the site. A church whose interior is far more satisfying than its exterior.
An early and relatively scholarly gothic revival church. The designer was James Savage in 1820-24. The large east window is by Hugh Easton from 1959.