Home » East Wickham

Category Archives: East Wickham

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Christ the Saviour (former St Michael), Upper Wickham Lane, East Wickham (Greek Orthodox)

The original 13th century parish church of East Wickham, replaced in 1935 by the current St Michael. It was made redundant in 1973 and has been used by a Greek Orthodox congregation since 1974. Many fittings were moved into St Michael but for obvious reasons wall paintings remain.

          east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_12 east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_
 crayford_st_paulinus090114_39  east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_11
 east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_1  east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_7
 east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_4  east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_3
 east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_6  east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_2
 east_wickham_christ_the_saviour_go090114_5

St Michael, Upper Wickham Lane, East Wickham

In a large shared church yard, this building replaced the medieval church which is now the Greek Orthodox church of Christ the Saviour. It was designed by Thomas F. Ford and built in 1933.

   east_wickham_st_michael090114_6 east_wickham_st_michael090114_7
 east_wickham_st_michael090114_1  east_wickham_st_michael090114_3
 east_wickham_st_michael090114_5