Home » Enfield
Category Archives: Enfield
Well sited on a corner, It is one of J.S. Alder’s conservative early 20th-century gothic buildings. The east end dates from 1906-07, and the west end from 1915.
Just south of the town centre a basilica style church of 1958 by J.E. Sterrett and B.D. Kaye.
A late William Butterfield church of 1883. It sits on a hilltop above Enfield and near the Ridgeway. The chancel was decorated in 1897 with designs by Nathaniel Westlake and Charles Buckeridge. It was restored in 2012 and presents a great contrast with the rather plain nave. Much of the stained glass was designed by Butterfield and made by Heaton, Butler and Bayne.
A suburban church at the foot of Gordon Hill north of Enfield Town, by Carpenter & Ingelow 1874, the unfinished west end was completed in 1963.