Home » Highgate
Category Archives: Highgate
A church of 1831-32 by Lewis Vulliamy, it replaced a chapel of ease and was built on the site of the demolished Ashurst House. In 1878 a chancel was added by G.E. Street. The east window glass of 1954 by Evie Hone replaces a war-damaged Kempe window, whose remains are now in the north chapel east window. The reredos and the redecoration of the sanctuary are by Temple Moore in 1903. There are a few 18th-century monuments from the old chapel.