At the southern end of the town centre and visible from far off due to its tower topped with a figure of Christ. This tower was built in 1925-1929 along with a wide south aisle. The rest of the church was built in 1909. The whole building is by Claude Kelly and Campbell Dickie.
The town centre church for Lewisham. It dates from 1863-1865 and was designed by George Gilbert Scott. The tower never got higher than its base. Much glass was lost in WW2 but some medallions remain as does chancel wall decoration. The east windows are by Joseph Nuttgens from 1954.
No longer in use by the Church of England, since 2003 it is has been used by an evangelical church as “The Tabernacle”. It is one of James Brooks’ large brick built churches for poor areas and was built in 1881. It was originally dedicated as Church of the Transfiguration but was renamed in the early 1940s when it became a “St Barnabas church for the deaf and dumb”.