Home » Muswell Hill

Category Archives: Muswell Hill

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St James, Muswell Hill

Dominating Muswell Hill is this large church of 1900-1902 by J.S. Alder. Tower and spire were added 1909-10.

          muswell_hill_st_james190913_22 muswell_hill_st_james190913_3
 muswell_hill_st_james190913_19  muswell_hill_st_james190913_5
 muswell_hill_st_james190913_6  muswell_hill_st_james190913_16
 muswell_hill_st_james190913_11  muswell_hill_st_james190913_12
 muswell_hill_st_james190913_15  muswell_hill_st_james190913_13
 muswell_hill_st_james190913_21

Our Lady of Muswell, Colney Hatch Lane, Muswell Hill (Roman catholic)

To the north of the centre of Muswell Hill, a typical RC brick basillica of 1938 by T.H.B. Scott.

      muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_12 muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_13
 muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_5  muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_11
 muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_10  muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_8
 muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_2  muswell_hill_our_lady_of_muswell_rc190913_3

St Andrew, Alexandra Park Road, Muswell Hill

A  J.S. Alder church dating from 1903, rebuilt and a new west end added in 1957 by R.S. Morris following war damage.

wood_green_st_andrew190913_  wood_green_st_andrew190913_1
 wood_green_st_andrew190913_2 wood_green_st_andrew190913_3