Home » Old Coulsdon
Category Archives: Old Coulsdon
Several churches in the London suburbs had to be adapted from small medieval buildings to one that could cope with a much larger suburban population.in this case the south aisle was demolished and much larger aisles, nave and chancel were added at right angles in 1958 and designed by Sebastian Comper. The old church is now an entrance area with the chancel used as a chapel and the north aisle as a vestry. The new church interior are in the last 6 rows.