Home » Tufnell Park
Category Archives: Tufnell Park
St Luke, Hillmarton Road, West Holloway
St George & All Saints, Crayford Road, Tufnell Park
Built in 1972-75 and designed by Clive Alexander to replace the nearby redundant Victorian St George and also All Saints, Tytherton Road (its war memorial is inside this church). In 1995 the building was altered by David Gibson by adding a prayer room, meeting rooms, kitchen, toilets and a first-floor area, now a co-working space. Inside the worship area is a large open space with a glass icon of Christ the High Priest on the east wall by Doritie Kettlewell.
St George (former), Tufnell Park (now House on the Rock)
A remarkable plan of an octagonal nave within a circular building with a detached tower. It was designed by George Truefitt and built in 1865-68 for a breakaway Anglican group called the Free Church of England. In 1973-76 it was converted to a theatre. In 2010 a new building, Rock Tower, designed by Paul Davis and Partners was added between the church and the tower. The existing building was also renovated.