Home » West Wickham
Category Archives: West Wickham
St Francis of Assisi, Ravenswood Avenue, West Wickham
St John the Baptist, off Layhams Road, West Wickham
The old village church a mile or so south of the modern town centre on a hill-top, it can still be approached across fields. The nave, north aisle and tower were rebuilt in 1847 by Whichcord and Whichcord.. Sedding added an organ chamber in 1889. A second story was added to the north chapel in 1961.
St Mark, High Street/Manor Park Road, West Wickham (Roman Catholic)
St Mary of Nazareth, The Avenue, West Wickham
North of the current town centre down a suburban street. The original church, now the hall, was by Martin Travers and built in 1934. The current church of 1954 was designed by C.W. Fowler. There is a first floor lady chapel in the transept like structure between the two. The fish is a fossil in the altar step.