32 Welbeck Street was once the Russian Embassy in London and contained a chapel. In 1865 or 1872 or 1876 James Thomson added this chapel at the rear of the building facing onto the narrow Marylebone Mews. It closed in 1922 but has been restored and a prayer service was held in 2016 when Patriarch Kirill visited London.
The Archdiocesan Chapel of the Annunciation of the Mother of God (Greek Orthodox), 5, Craven Hill, Paddington W2 3ENT
This chapel is attached to the headquarters of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain a short way west of Paddington Station.
The Greek Orthodox Community of Ss. Raphael, Nicholas and Irene, Hertford Road, Enfield EN3 5JE (formerly Hertford Road Cemetery Chapel)
The small cemetery chapel in Hertford Road cemetery, just behind the churchyard of St James, Enfield Wash. Before being used by the Greek Orthodox Church it was boarded up for many years. The cemetery was opened in 1880 so it seems likely that the chapel is of the same date.
A care and rehabilitation home founded after WW1 and run by a Roman Catholic order until 2002. The chapel is just inside the gates. It was built by A.S.G. Butler in 1919
This was a small mission church in the Botwell area of Hayes, which was some way from the medieval parish church. The rapid growth of Botwell rendered it too small and it was replaced by a tin tabernacle in 1913 in Hayes town centre. The current church of St Anselm which opened in 1929, then replaced that building. In 1932 Middlesex County Council adapted and extended the building as Hayes Library which closed in 2010 being replaced by a new library. The gothic windows were replaced, the bellcote removed and three bays and a new porch added at the west end.
A former chapel (Baptist/Congregational) that was built in 1868. The main building was much larger and is now demolished and the current building appears to have been a hall/schools at the rear of the building. It was consecrated by the Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East as their cathedral in 1987.
Designed by R.J. Withers the east end, which was constructed in 1883-1884 faces the road. Work on the nave began in 1899 and was completed the following year. It was declared redundant in 1985, having been disused since early 1983. Since then it has been used as a warehouse and offices, a care home, and now an English language school called The Burlington School of English.
A small chapel added to the rear of a farmhouse north of the town centre. It was built for a Catholic Lay Community called The Grail Community in 1957. The Grail Community left in 2012 and SPEC (Spiritual & Personal Encounter with Christ) took over the site in 2014. A tapestry of the Last Supper behind the altar is no longer in place, but a metal and ceramic Stations of the Cross by Caryl Houselander remains at the entrance end.
An insignificant-looking exterior, it was rebuilt by Edward Maufe after WW2 damage. Pre-war glass survives as it was taken out for protection and includes windows by Selwyn Image and Christopher Whall.
A college of the University of London. The chapel is entered from within the college buildings. The original building was by Robert Smirke and built in 1829-1831, however, it was drastically reconstructed by G.G. Scott in 1861-1864 with further decoration throughout the rest of the 19th-century. A restoration of 2000 by Inskip & Jenkins reversed mid 20th-century decorative changes and returned it to its 19th-century appearance. The glass was added at the 2000 restoration and is by Joseph A Nuttgens.