Home » Ainslie, Charles

Category Archives: Ainslie, Charles

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Peter in the Forest, Woodford New Road, Walthamstow

East of Walthamstow at the southern edge of Epping Forest, semi rural and in an attractive wild churchyard.It was designed in a Lombardic style by John Shaw junior in 1840. In 1854 changes were made by Charles Ainslie and extended westwards in 1887 by J.C. Lewis. World War 2  and a 1975 fire caused damage. The north wall was rebuilt in 1951

    walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_1  walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_5
walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_7 walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_4
 walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_2 walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_6
 walthamstow_st_peter_in_the_forest180413_3

St Paul, Manor Road, Woodford Bridge

Attractively set on a green with a pond next to the church. It dates from 1853-54 by Charles Ainslie and restored after fire by W.G. Bartleet 1886.

woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_9  woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_3
 woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_1  woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_6
 woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_7  woodford_bridge_st_paul _church280113_10