Home » Bacon, Charles
Category Archives: Bacon, Charles
From the street, one sees the east end of a church which was added in 1888-89 by W.O. Milne to a church by Charles Bacon from 1817. However, a fire in 1969 reduced the church to the tower and a shell. It was rebuilt in 1971-72 to designs by John Phillips to produce a wide, open space with a side chapel next to the former east end. Many monuments from the previous church (and its predecessor) survived the fire and are mounted around the walls.