The parish church is in the heart of the Walthamstow conservation area. It is a medieval church refaced in 1817-18 by Charles Bacon. The church was re-ordered and a new extension was built reopening in 2023. The church has a huge collection of memorials, the largest of which are no longer enclosed in railings. A few images of the church prior to these changes are at the end of this entry.