A small hall down a dead end street, a chapel of ease to St Mary, Becontree.
A couple of kilometres north west of Barking town centre, a church of 1991 by Gerald Murphy of Burles, Newton and Partners added on to an older building of 1935.
Close to the town centre by John Newton of Newton, Burles and Partners and dating from 1979 replacing a 19th century church.
Built in 1940 and designed by A.E. Wiseman. Its claim to fame is its eastern round tower, in a very Charles Holden style. Subsequent changes have led to many of the windows being bricked up.
On an estate cut off by major roads from the rest of Barking. It dates from 1958-59.
In the grounds of Barking Abbey (see the gatehouse tower below) at one end of Barking town centre. Originally a chapel it became a parish church around 1300. It is quite a large medieval church with both an inner and outer north aisle. The font is 17th century with a cover from the 19th century that was attractively decorated in the 20th century. There were a couple of restorations by C.J. Dawson around the turn of the 20th-century. There are many impressive 17th and 18th century monuments all around the church.