Home » Belvedere

Category Archives: Belvedere

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

All Saints, Nuxley Road, Upper Belvedere

On the high ridge well away from the station in the “villagey” part of Belvedere. Built, originally as a private non denominational chapel, 1853-61 by W.G. and E. Habershon.

belvedere_all_saints020114_1 belvedere_all_saints020114_2
 belvedere_all_saints020114_23  belvedere_all_saints020114_5
 belvedere_all_saints020114_9  belvedere_all_saints020114_19
 belvedere_all_saints020114_18  belvedere_all_saints020114_13
 belvedere_all_saints020114_12  belvedere_all_saints020114_14
 belvedere_all_saints020114_6  belvedere_all_saints020114_11
 belvedere_all_saints020114_10

St Augustine, Gilbert Road, Belvedere

Close to the station in the lower part of Belvedere. It was built 1910 by Temple Moore to designs by C. Hodgson Fowler. The west front was completed 1961.

      belvedere_st_augustine020114_7  belvedere_st_augustine020114_2
 belvedere_st_augustine020114_4  belvedere_st_augustine020114_
 belvedere_st_augustine020114_6  belvedere_st_augustine020114_5