Replacing a war-damaged church this church was built in 1958-59 by Thomas F Ford but made redundant in 1999 and is now used as a nursery.
A prominent landmark on a turn in the road. It dates from 1960 and is by Harry Goodhart-Rendel replacing a WW2 damaged church.
This was a church of 1727 by Nicholas Hawksmoor and John James. It was largely destroyed in WW2 but the lower parts of the walls form the base of Nasmith House used by the London City Mission. It is still surrounded by its churchyard, now a public open space.
Forming part of the street frontage on a tight site. It was designed by Edmund J. Kelly in 1861. It is the Czech Catholic Mission in London as well as a parish church.
Now converted to flats the eastern parts date from 1875-1878 and the western form 1882-1883. The designers were Henry Jarvis and Sons. It was made redundant in 1995 and for 10 years was leased to ABMT Christian Fellowship. In 2005 it was leased for domestic conversion.
A Commissioner’s church of 1827-1829 by James Savage. The interior was divided in 1965 with the west end and space under the galleries partitioned. This emphasises the great height of the church which has a clerestory above the tall galleries. The interior is dominated by the altar piece painting of the Ascension of Christ by John Wood, dating from 1844. It is currently (November 2018) undergoing restoration work at the west end
A tall building with the worship area on the upper floor. It dates from 1887 and was closed in 1962. The architect does not seem to be known but they were clearly influenced by James Brooks. It has been used by the Christ the King Chapel since 2002