Home » Blackfen

Category Archives: Blackfen

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Our Lady of the Rosary, Burnt Oak Lane, Blackfen (Roman Catholic)

Hidden away behind the houses on Burnt Oak Lane, a church of 1936-37 by Edward John Walters of F.A. Walters and Sons.Aisles and a narthex were added in the 1960s by Walters and Kerr Bate

       blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_14 blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_15
 blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_11  blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_2
 blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_9  blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_7
 blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_5  blackfen_our_lady_of_the_rosary220114_3

Church of the Good Shepherd (former), Blackfen Road, Blackfen, DA15 8PT

Built in 1967, but not used as a church since the late 1980s. It is now used as a community hall.

blackfen_good_shepherd140114_  blackfen_good_shepherd140114_3
 blackfen_good_shepherd140114_2