Home » Broadbent Hastings Reid & New
Category Archives: Broadbent Hastings Reid & New
St Andrew, Brook Road, Thornton Heath (Roman Catholic)
Church of the Resurrection, Kirkdale, Sydenham (Roman Catholic)
St Margaret Clitherow, Kingswood Drive, South Dulwich (Roman Catholic)
St John, North End Road, Walham Green
A short way north of Fulham Broadway tube station. The church is by J.H. Taylor and dates from 1827-28. In 1893 E.P. Warren removed the galleries. A major reordering in 1985-89 by Broadbent, Hastings, Reid and New saw much the west end divided off vertically and horizontally into halls and many furnishings removed. A small day chapel has been created at the west end of the building. In 2018 there will be another reordering aimed at restoring a more traditional church like atmosphere. The west end (Jan 2018) is currently concealed behind scaffolding and a trompde d’oeil hoarding.