One of James Brook’s last churches from 1896-7 (west end) and 1905 (east end), it was an Anglican church dedicated to St Peter until 1987.
No longer in use by the Church of England, since 2003 it is has been used by an evangelical church as “The Tabernacle”. It is one of James Brooks’ large brick built churches for poor areas and was built in 1881. It was originally dedicated as Church of the Transfiguration but was renamed in the early 1940s when it became a “St Barnabas church for the deaf and dumb”.
A James Brooks church of 1868-70. Now used by the Brazillian cult church Universal Church of the Kingdom of God.
The west front is by J.S. Adkins 1909-11, behind it lies a James Brooks church of 1872-89. The interior is stone vaulted throughout and contains rich furnishings, with much glass by Clayton & Bell. Hidden at the northeast end is the tiny Blessed Sacrament chapel.
One of James Brooks large urban brick churches, this one in Willesden town centre. It was built in 1886-87.
A prominent James Brooks church 1867-69.
A James Brooks church from 1868-70 in the middle of Chislehust High Street. The tower is virtually detached and stands at an angle to the eastern end of the church. Much decoration by Westlake inside the church.
One of James Brooks large brick churches built to stand out in poorer areas of London. This church was started in 1876 and finished in 1898 by J.T. Micklethwaite & Somers Clarke who took over in 1883.