A Great Fire ruin rebuilt by Wren in 1684-86. The medieval tower was kept but refaced 1703-04. Seeley and Paget restored it in 1961 after gutting in 1941.
This is a tower of 1682-87, by Wren, of a church bombed in WW2 and demolished in 1955. The tower was converted into a house 1984-85 by Frederick Burn, Smith and Partners.
Built 1677-87 by Wren but largely destroyed in the second world war. The tower and walls were restored by Lord Mottistone of Seely and Paget in 1960. THe church is now a garden.
The church was demolished in 1870, leaving the 14th and 15th century tower.
By the Tower of London, a large church with 15th century aisles and some Saxon remains both in the church and in the extensive crypt, together with a 17th century tower. However there was severe war damage followed by rebuilding in concrete by Lord Mottistone of Seeley and Paget 1949-57.
The only Roman Catholic church in the City of London. It was designed 1899-1903 by George Sherrin and appears as part of the general run of the street frontage.
Designed by George Dance the Younger 1765-67, now mainly used as offices for the youth charity XLP.
By Wren 1685-94 and restored after war damage by Marshall Sisson 1959-61. The galleries are converted to a library and the aisles to offices and rooms.
The remains of an Augustian Priory, it is one of the most impressive Norman churches in London. Much of the exterior is by Aston Webb 1886-98. The only city church (apart from the Temple Church to charge an admission fee.
The chapel of St Bartholomew’s Hospital, the tower is 15th century, the unusual octagonal church by Thomas Hardwick 1823-25.