This church and built in 1965 and replaced what is now the church hall next door which was built in 1955.
Several churches in the London suburbs had to be adapted from small medieval buildings to one that could cope with a much larger suburban population.in this case the south aisle was demolished and much larger aisles, nave and chancel were added at right angles in 1958 and designed by Sebastian Comper. The old church is now an entrance area with the chancel used as a chapel and the north aisle as a vestry. The new church interior are in the last 6 rows.
Well away from the town centre, up a steep hill. The congregation was formed in 1988 and uses a building that was opened in 1928 as St Francis CoE church, extended in the 1960s but declared redundant in 1987. It had been a chapel to St Andrew’s church. The architect is unknown.
Lower down the hill than St Andrew but firmly in suburbia. The original church was begun in 1932 by Adrian Scott and completed in 1966 by Burles, Newton & Partners.
High up above the town centre of Coulsdon this church was built between 1911 and 1914 and designed by F.H. Greenway & J.E. Newberry but was incomplete until 1962 when a permanent west end was added by John Stammers.