A small mission church serving the Orchard estate a short way north of Lewisham near Elverson Park DLR station.
A church of 1883 by A.H. Newman in an area between New Cross and Deptford that is undergoing redevelopment. It closed in 1955 and was sold to the Celestial Church of Christ in 1998 after having been a warehouse and a community centre.
Slightly set back from the high street this is a church of 1844 with a chancel added in 1859 designed by Canon Richard North.
A medieval tower of around 1500 is the oldest part. The church was built in 1697 by Charles Stanton but was badly damaged in WW2. It was rebuilt in 1958 by Thomas F. Ford.
End on to the street, a church of 1870-72 by T.H. Watson. It now looks to be in a poor state and has not been used for worship for several years. Inside it has been subdivided into a hall and offices at the west end with the tower and chancel remaining as a worship area. The office area is used by the Evelyn 190 advice centre.
One of the finest baroque churches in London. It sits in a large churchyard in Deptford town centre. It is by Thomas Archer and was built between 1713 and 1730.
A large church by P.C. Hardwick on the borders of Lewisham and Deptford high above St John’s Station. It dates from 1855.