Home » Euston
Category Archives: Euston
One of the earliest scholarly gothic revival churches. A short way west of Euston and north of Euston Road, it dates from 1849-52 and was designed by R.C. Carpenter, with the south aisle added in 1883-84 by his son R.H. Carpenter. The chancel decoration is by Daniel Bell and Richard Almond, the reredos was added by Charles Nicholson in 1935 and the rood by J.T. Micklethwaite. The great east window is by Hardman to Pugin designs, though much restored.
Opposite the east end of St Mary Magdalene, Munster Square, a small circular church of 1970 by Scott and Jaques replacing a 1930s building. It has been disused for some years as a Roman Catholic church but is used by an Ethiopian Orthodox congregation. It is planned that it will shortly be demolished and replaced by a new commercial building.