One of the earliest scholarly gothic revival churches. A short way west of Euston and north of Euston Road, it dates from 1849-52 and was designed by R.C. Carpenter, with the south aisle added in 1883-84 by his son R.H. Carpenter. The chancel decoration is by Daniel Bell and Richard Almond, the reredos was added by Charles Nicholson in 1935 and the rood by J.T. Micklethwaite. The great east window is by Hardman to Pugin designs, though much restored.