Home » Godwin, George

Category Archives: Godwin, George

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Jude, Courtfield Gardens

The second Gunter Estate church by the Godwins from 1867-70. It is now St Mellitus Theological College.

   kensington_st_jude170316_1  kensington_st_jude170316_2
 kensington_st_jude170316_9    kensington_st_jude170316_4

St Mary, The Boltons, Kensington

The first Gunter Estate church by George Godwin, dating from 1849-50.

  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_52                     kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_51
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_3  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_17
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_20  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_27
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_49  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_22
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_47  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_43
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_44  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_46
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_21  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_33
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_12  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_10
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_23  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_16
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_28  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_5
 kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_9  kensington_st_mary_the_boltons170316_11

St Luke, Redcliffe Square, Kensington

Built like several other churches in the area by George and Henry Godwin in 1872-73.

kensington_st_luke_redcliffe_square080312_3  kensington_st_luke_redcliffe_square080312_2
 kensington_st_luke_redcliffe_square080312_  st_luke_redcliffe_square080312_1
 kensington_st_luke170316_3  kensington_st_luke170316_6