Home » Grove Park

Category Archives: Grove Park

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Augustine, Baring Road, Grove Park

Close to Grove Park station. The originally apsed chancel dates from 1885-86 and was designed by Charles Bell. The nave and aisles were added by Percy Leeds in 1912. However, the west end was unfinished until 1967 when the present non-matching extension by E.F. Starling was built. The apse suffered from subsidence and was demolished in 1993 with a straight wall substituted in 2007 by Thomas F Ford and Partners. The windows of the apse were kept and refitted around the church.