Home » Haines, Norman
Category Archives: Haines, Norman
On the edge of Wendell Park at the western end of Shepherds Bush. The nave dates from 1888-89 by C.N. Tudor with the chancel added in 1894. A 1970 reordering by Norman Haines has meant that the western half of the nave is divided off as a nursery school and community centre, the sanctuary at the west end of the rump nave and the office in the sanctuary area which has gained an organ gallery.
A replacement for two earlier churches on the main Bath Road. This church is in the centre of the village, designed by Norman Haines and built in 1970. It is in the same parish as St Dunstan in Cranford Park over the border in London Borough of Hillingdon. The church is a large, tall open space with a separate Lady Chapel behind a glass screen to one side.