Home » Hakewill, J.H.
Category Archives: Hakewill, J.H.
A nedieval chapel was replaced by this church designed by James Wyatt in 1782-84. Its Palladian appearance was drastically changed by J.H. Hakewill who altered it to a Neo-norman building in 1843-45, adding the east end and towers to replace a portico facing the street. It was declared redundant in 1993, was derelict and used for raves before being taken over by the Nigerian Christ Apostolic church.