Off to one side from the town centre going north this is a typical W.D. Caroe church of 1900-06.
Close to All Souls, this is a very large church by Wilfrid C. Mangan dating from 1930-31. A side chapel is the national Marian shrine.
The town centre church, a brick octagon by E.J. Tarver and dating from 1875-76. Originally there was a nave which was extended in 1890 but demolished in 1970. The chancel area is now used as a chapel behind a screen and nave altar. The roof structure is remarkable.