Home » Heston
Category Archives: Heston
In one corner of a huge churchyard, only the 15th century tower remains from the medieval church, the rest having been rebuilt in 1863-66 by Thomas Bellamy. Many memorials reamain from the previous church. The east end has been reordered in 1969 and 2006. 19th to 21st century glass from many designers and makers.
A large church, set back from the main road north of the parish church. It was designed by John Newton of Burles, Newton and Partners in 1963. There is dalle de verre glass in the former baptistery and the side porch designed by Pierre Formaintraux. The 19th century organ in the west gallery comes from a redundant chapel in Darwen, Lancashire.