Home » Holloway

Category Archives: Holloway

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St. Anthony the Great and St. John the Baptist, Sussex Way, Holloway (Greek Orthodox)

In a former  Welsh Calvinistic Methodist chapel near the Seven Sisters Road/Hornsey Road junction.  The church was built in 1873 and designed by A.G. Hennell. Church website

 
 

St Joseph and St Padarn, Salterton Road, Holloway (The Society of St Pius X)

Built in 1873 as a Welsh Anglican church but since 1982 owned by the breakaway Catholic group The Society of St Pius X.

holloway_st_joseph_st_padarn_sppx091213_ holloway_st_joseph_st_padarn_sppx091213_1
 holloway_st_joseph_st_padarn_sppx091213_2

St Mary Magdalene, Holloway Road, Lower Holloway

Built in 1812-14 by W. Wickings to provide church accommodation in Lower Holloway. It sits facing a large green set back from the road. Inside offices have been inserted under the galleries and the pews removed.

   islington_st_mary_magdalene_holloway_road261012_1 islington_st_mary_magdalene_holloway_road261012_