Home » Hughes, James O`Hanlon

Category Archives: Hughes, James O`Hanlon

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Saints John Fisher and Thomas Moore, Arbroath Road, Eltham Well Hall (Roman Catholic)

A church of 1936 by James O’Hanlon Hughes serving the WW1 Well Hall estate. The double height chancel is now divided off as halls.

St Edmund of Canterbury, Village Way, Beckenham (Roman Catholic)

A huge tower over the east end makes this building easy to see at the bottom of the town centre. Sainsbury’s multi story car park is built right up against it, allowing good views but not adding to the townscape. The church dates from 1937 and was designed by J. O`Hanlon Hughes.