On the eastern side of Kennington Park. This church replaced G.G. Scott junior’s masterpiece that was damaged in WW2 and controversially not restored. It is by Ralph Covell and dates from 1956. Some fittings such as the reredos and screen (now at the west end) come from the previous church. The final group of pictures show the lower level Lady Chapel.
A small church up a flight of stairs inside the front door. The interior was accessible but was undergoing a deep clean so was not usefully photographable.
In a large churchyard opposite Oval station. It dates from 1822-24 by D.R. Roper and A.B. Clayton. It was damaged in WW2 and restored by T.F. Ford in 1960.
Overlooking Myatt’s Fields Park it dates from 1869-70 and was designed by George Low. It was made redundant in 1981 and converted to a housing development called Black Roof House.
A landmark a few 100 metres off Brixton Road. It is by G.E. Street 1870-74 with the spire completed 1888-89 under A.E. Street. Internal decoration by G.F. Bodley was added in 1890-92. It was restored, following war damage, by H.S. Goodhart-Rendel in 1955-58
Planned in 1911 but not built until 1932-33 to designs by Adshead & Ramsey. The murals are by Norman Adams
Made redundant in 1980 and converted to housing as Ekarro House. It was built in 1848-50 and designed by Isaac Clarke and James Humphreys.