On the eastern side of Kennington Park. This church replaced G.G. Scott junior’s masterpiece that was damaged in WW2 and controversially not restored. It is by Ralph Covell and dates from 1956. Some fittings such as the reredos and screen (now at the west end) come from the previous church. The final group of pictures show the lower level Lady Chapel.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Tyburn Convent Chapel (Shrine of the Sacred Heart and Tyburn Martyrs), Hyde Park Place, Bayswater Road, Bayswater (Roman Catholic)
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)