The centre of the evangelical movement in Anglicanism, right behind the Brompton Oratory. It dates from 1826-29 and is by T.L. Donaldson. The chancel was added by Arthur Blomfield in 1879-82.
Designed by Thomas Cundy II in 1840-1843. In 1870-71 the chancel was lengthened by R.J. Withers in 1870-1871 and then further extended by G.F, Bodley in 1891-92 Bodley is also responsible for many of the church’s fittings such s the screen, reredos and organ case.
The Church of Scotland’s premier London church opened in 1955.