On a prominent street corner site at the eastern end of Thornton Heath’s main street. A large church by Bucknall and Comper, it was the first Comper church, although most of the design is by Bucknall. The nave dates from 1889 and the chancel from 1894.
A large church, about a mile south of St Peter, this one by John Oldrid Scott, dating from 1881-84. It was subdivided in 1989 with the nave and aisles converted to a hall, offices and meeting rooms, toilets and a kitchen. The worship area is now in the crossing, transepts and chancel.
Very close to the station in a large sloping churchyard. It is by George Gilbert Scott and dates from 1849-1851, the tower and spire not being completed until 1864 with rebuilding after a fire in 1865.
In the midst of Victorian housing north of the town centre. It was designed by A.R. Mullins and built 1867, with some additions in 1880,.
Side on to the road just south of the main shopping area of the estate. The church dates from 1957-58 and is by Caroe and Partners.
At the northern end of the estate in a suburban road, this is a church of 1962 by Tomei & Maxwell. The ceiling has recently been removed to reveal the roof structure.
Near West Croydon station, this church was originally designed in 1864 by E.W. Pugin but is now largely by F.A. Walters from 1883.