Not far from the station, and rather hidden in trees, this is a very wide church of 1826-27 by John Davies. The original chancel was very short but a new larger one was added in 1889 along with vestries.
Alongside the road, hiding a large ASDA superstore, north west of Southgate town centre. The church dates from 1903 and is by A.R. Barker with the sanctuary and north chapel added in 1916 by Barker and Kirk. There are striking modern stations of the Cross and a Triptych and several windows by local firm Cakebread Robey.
A small church of 1910 by Albert Kingwell in smart suburbia on the northern edge of Barnet.
Side on to the road near The Green. It is a church of 1861-63 by George Gilbert Scott.Inside is a major collection of Morris & Co glass, much designed by Burne-Jones. Other glass is by Clayton & Bell.
In quiet suburbia near the station, a church of 1939-41 by Cyril Farey. There are many windows by Margaret Edith Rope, a selection of which are shown here. The modern Stations of the Cross include the less usual 15th – Resurrection. The font comes from the former City church of St Katherine Coleman.
Down a small lane opposite Cockfosters tube station, a Commissioners style church of 1839 by H.E. Kendall. The eastern parts and north aisle were added by Arthur Blomfield in 1898.
Striking international modern of 1940 by Dom Constantine Bosschaerts. It is the parochial part of a Benedictine priory.