The church currently worships in St James Anglican church next door. In 2011 they acquired the Palace Pavillion nightclub that had closed in 2006 (formerly the Clapton Cinematograph built in 1910) to convert into their own church building. As of 2018 the work seems to be progressing slowly.
One of Charles Reilly’s few buildings – this church dates from 1909-11. The screen was added in 1935 to designs by Tyson Smith. It is part of an east end mission created by Merchant Taylor’s School and lies hidden behind the school house. Both have been brought back into use by an evangelical plant who have restored the school, the church is little changed.
By E.C. Hakewill 1840-41, to which W.D.Caroe added a chancel and eastern bay and vestries in 1902. The interior is now divided into two with the crossing, transepts and chancel used as a church and the nave for community uses.
Over the road from its Victorian replacement, the old church of 1563 remains in use. It was restored in 1827-29 by Charles Barry, the spire dating from this time.
A church of 1936 by T.H.B. Scott near the west side of Abney Park Cemetery
One of William Butterfield’s major works, dating from 1849-53. There was severe war damage to the church whose rebuilding was completed in 1954. The interior is now relatively simply decorated with much post war glass and the sanctuary brought forward under the tower.
By J.E Sterret and B.D. Kaye 1963.
A WW2 replacement. It is by N.F. Cachemaille-Day and dates from 1960-62.
A church of 1883-85 by J.E.K. Cutts on the eastern edge of the common.
Originally the church hall for a 19th century church destroyed by fire in 1976.