One of Charles Reilly’s few buildings – this church dates from 1909-11. The screen was added in 1935 to designs by Tyson Smith. It is part of an east end mission created by Merchant Taylor’s School and lies hidden behind the school house. Both have been brought back into use by an evangelical plant who have restored the school, the church is little changed.
St Barnabas, Shacklewell Row, Dalston
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Kings Cross Church, 242 Pentonville Road, Kings Cross
- Chapel, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Holborn
- Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)
- Christ Church, 18 Montpelier Place, Knightsbridge (German Lutheran Church)
- St Mary with St George, Sandwich Street, St Pancras (German Lutheran Church)