Home » Moore, Temple Lushington
Category Archives: Moore, Temple Lushington
A church of 1831-32 by Lewis Vulliamy, it replaced a chapel of ease and was built on the site of the demolished Ashurst House. In 1878 a chancel was added by G.E. Street. The east window glass of 1954 by Evie Hone replaces a war-damaged Kempe window, whose remains are now in the north chapel east window. The reredos and the redecoration of the sanctuary are by Temple Moore in 1903. There are a few 18th-century monuments from the old chapel.
The ancient parish church, well north west of Hendon central station, behind the Middlesex university campus. The nave, chancel, south arcade and north aisle are 13th century, the north chapel is 16th century. In 1914-15 a new south nave with its own south aisle was added in place of the old south aisle. The architect was Temple Moore. The north chapel sanctuary was decorated by Bodley in 1897. The font is a notable Norman piece.