Home » Newton, Ernest
Category Archives: Newton, Ernest
In a prosperous suburban area, a large church of 1863-65 by F. Barnes. The tower and spire were rebuilt by Ernest newton in 1905. After WW2 damage many of the windows were blocked to create a darker and more mysterious interior. A fire in 1989 meant a further restoration and re-ordering. The Wythes monument is by William Butterfield.