Home » Ninian
Category Archives: Ninian
Alongside the Grand Union Canal this is one of George Edmund Street’s masterpieces dating from 1868-1878. It is fitted onto an awkwardly shaped site, defined by now demolished streets. Most of the glass was designed by Henry Holliday and made by Heaton, Butler and Bayne. The south aisle of the crypt (the bottom 10 pictures) was made into the chapel of St Sepulchre by Ninian Comper in 1895, it was renovated by Sebastian Comper in 1967 but is again in need of restoration.