Home » North Finchley
Category Archives: North Finchley
This building has replaced St Barnabas, Woodside Park about a kilometre away. The congregation moved to this large converted office block in September 2018, with conversion having begun in November 2017. Inside there are several floors of facilities as well as a worship area off the foyer. Inside the war memorial screen, some brass memorials, the font and the east window glass are preserved from the Holden Road church. The screen now has a painted backdrop of poppies by Joy Girvin and the glass (Goddard & Gibbs) is displayed in a lightbox on a lower floor.
Facing the High road, just south of the centre of North Finchley. It is a large church by J. Norton of 1867-69. The north aisle was added in 1874, the south in 1880 and the east end in 1891.
A short way south of the High Road, it was built in 1909 by Percy A. Lamb and it has been extended several times since.