Home » Primrose Hill

Category Archives: Primrose Hill

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Mary, King Henry’s Road, Primrose Hill

Build at the apex of the King Henry’s Road and Primrose Hill Road junction. It dates from 1870-72 and was designed by M.P. Manning, with the wide south aisle and chapel added in 1891-92. From 1901-1915 the vicar was Percy Dearmer who had a great influence through his writings on church furnishing and decoration, the white walls of the building reflect this. The reredos by Bodley and Garner was cut down to show more of the east windows, the pulpit is also by them.