Home » Pugin, E.W.
Category Archives: Pugin, E.W.
A large church of 1859 by E.W.Pugin, alongside the east end there are the buildings of an associated Friary from the 1880s. It was served by Capuchin Friars up to 2000 and after a number of years under diocesan control it is now served by a Vincentian community The west end is partly hidden by a derelict looking church hall of 1937. As of November 2018, there is considerable building work going on the exterior’s south side.
Designed by Edward Pugin with the work continued after his death by Pugin and Pugin 1875-76, only the west front is visible as it is hemmed in by other buildings. The mosaics above the door are by Arthur Fleischmann. The high altar is from 1930 as is the huge east window which is by William Earley of Dublin