Home » Raymond, Geoffrey

Category Archives: Raymond, Geoffrey

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Chapel of St George and St Helena (Former), Vincent Street, Canning Town now River Church (Elim Pentecostal)

An Anglican mission that has gone through several incarnations since the 19th century. The chapel is now an Elim Pentecostal church. The building dates from 1929-30 and was designed by Geoffrey Raymond.

  canning_town_river_christian_centre090513_1 canning_town_river_christian_centre090513_2
canning_town_river_christian_centre090513_  canning_town_river_christian_centre090513_4
 canning_town_river_christian_centre090513_3

Our Lady of Lourdes, Wanstead Park (Roman Catholic)

By Geoffrey Raymond 1927-28 with the aisles added in 1934 and 1940.

wanstead_our_lady_of_lourdes_rc020413_2  wanstead_our_lady_of_lourdes_rc020413_
wanstead_our_lady_of_lourdes_rc020413_1

St Vincent, Waldegrave Road, Becontree (Roman Catholic)

1932-34 designed by Geoffrey Raymond at the north west end of the estate.

becontree_st_vincent_rc130213_2 becontree_st_vincent_rc130213_
 becontree_st_vincent_rc130213_1