Home » Rickards E.A.

Category Archives: Rickards E.A.

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Oratory of St Philip Neri (Brompton Oratory), Brompton Road, Kensington (Roman Catholic)

A very large baroque church in front of and to one side of Holy Trinity, Brompton. Its designer Herbert Gribble won the commission in competition and the church was built in 1884. After he died the main steel-framed dome was built to an altered design by George Sherrin and E.A. Rickards in 1896. The other domes are concrete framed. Many British and Italian artists contributed decoration to the ornate interior from its construction into the 1930s